Friday, August 10, 2012

My Ombre Attempt

Reading Chantelle's Fat Mum Slim blog just now, she has posted about her attempt at ombre craft, a 'genre' of craft/art/etc that is going like hot cakes on Pinterest (I'm a Pinterest addict, it's sad!)

Chantelle's post reminded me that I hadn't put my ombre attempt on my blog, I had added it to my Pinterest page, but not here, so here goes!

On the left is my inspiration (from http://www.norskeinteriorblogger.blogspot.com/), on the right is my attempt, for our daughter's nursery.

I decided to start this project 5 days before our daughter was born, which turned out to be the day before they admitted me into hospital, which we weren't expecting, luckily Mr Mel was able to finish the painting for me :)

Green is my favourite colour, and luckily the room was already green so we didn't need to repaint, I thought the greens I went with worked well with the wall colour.

The dresser was originally raw pine, so we painted it with a primer, then the front/back/sides/skirt in an antique white, then the drawers in the different greens, then replaced the pine knobs with crystal ones.  I love it and I hope bubs will too one day!

We have enought left over paint to do the pine toy box we bought also, the pine slats on that are vertical, so we're going to paint each slat a different green going around the sides, with the skirt and border around the lid in the antique white.

Thanks Chantelle for reminding me about my attempt!

One day when I get game I'd love to dye my hair ombre colours, but blonde would look a bit odd, so maybe when I get really game and try a brunette moment!

Till next time,

2 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic Mel, you and Mr Mel did a great job and I'm sure the little Miss will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love the colours you choose.

    Lili

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails